December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap

The 2009 Christmas season was the busiest that I have had in several years. Between work related activities, church activities, and family time - I feel as though I was always doing something. However, at the end of it all - I felt blessed to be able to experience all that I did. So here is a recap of the Christmas Season.

12/8/2009 - Our hospital hosts "Santa's Secret Workshop". Children from our community gather in our hospital cafeteria to make crafts, eat gingerbread cookies, and visit with Santa. I must admit I felt a bit silly wear elf ears but the smiles on the children's faces made it all the worthwhile.

12/10/2009 - Annual Hospital Employee Christmas Party - The food was divine, desserts were delish, but the highlight was watching my co-workers sing karaoke and for a few hours leave behind the stress of our demanding jobs.

12/12/2009 - Lacey's Holiday Dance Recital - Watching 3, 4, and 5 year olds "dance" is a sure fire bet for fits of laughter and more cuteness than should be allowed.

12/15/2009 - Hospital Director's Christmas Party - Steaks, bingo, door prizes - I won the 26' LCD t.v.

12/17/2009 - Lacey and London's School Christmas Program - Lacey and London were "sheep" in the play. Lacey sang her songs beautifully, London was too busy hamming it up to really sing.

12/20/2009 - Children's Drama @ Church - Lacey, London, Trevor and Trenton were all a part of the play and did a wonderful job.

12/23/2009 - Youth Drama @ Church and Annual Gift Exchange

Christmas Eve - M went shopping with his brother early on in the day, which allowed me to sleep in - something that rarely happens anymore. I snuggled under the covers until nearly 10:30. After M and Jason finished up their shopping adventures, we all went to Jason and Lane's house to assemble a few toys. Over the course of the next four hours, we put together a Power Wheels Truck (for Trevor and Trenton), a Power Wheels Barbie (for Lacey), and a Disney Princess Scooter (for London). M and I then dropped the truck off at my parents and picked up last minute items for our Christmas Eve Chili Cooking/ Cookie Decorating party. From 5-7:00, M and I baked more than 4 dozens cookies, and cooked a huge pot of chili. Shortly thereafter, my dad, his parents, and Jason/Lane and the girls came over to our house. We ate chili, the girls decorated cookies for Santa, we made smores, and lounged around in our Christmas p.j.'s. M and I finally went to bed around midnight.

Christmas Morning - I woke up at 5:30 eager to begin the day (yes, I am still a kid at heart) but was gracious enough to let M sleep in till 7:30. After that, there was no more sleeping. M and I got up and spent the next half hour exchanging gifts. He is so cute as he had to shake each gift and attempt to guess what it was......I just tear into the paper and then shriek with delight. After our exchange, we went down to Lane and Jason's to watch the girls reactions to their presents from Santa. We then all had breakfast together. M and I had Christmas lunch with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephews and niece. The boys were thrilled with their powerwheels truck and wanted to drive it rather than open anymore gifts. We managed to get thru our gift exchange and then let the boys drive for about a half hour before enjoying lunch. After lunch, the boys went back outside and drove the truck until the battery died (roughly two hours). Following a snack of cookies, M and I went back to our house and worked out before heading to his parents for Christmas dinner. We dined on pasta, salad, and bread and then had a gift exchange. Once again, we found ourselves getting into bed near midnight - but the day had been filled with love and laughter, which makes for the best holiday.

Tell me readers, how was your Christmas?

No comments: