September 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Joy

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

Only five minutes.

Today's prompt is joy…..

 

Here I go.

 

"I've got the joy, joy, joy…..down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart"

 

A chorus of 15 little voices belt out the words to this classic Sunday school song as they dance around our church's social hall. I wonder if they understand the depth of eternal truth that lies within those lyrics.

 

Do they know that joy is more than a feeling of happiness, of gladness?  Do they understand that joy is not temporary or fleeting?  Can they understand that joy exists even in the midst of troubles and trials?

 

15 tiny bodies dance around the social hall, bodies moving with abandon, grins stretching wide across rosy cheeks…..

 

While they may not yet understand all that joy is, it is evident that they are full of it.  And I will do all that I can to help them learn about the ultimate source of joy, our Heavenly Father.

 

And I will pray that they will come to find the source of joy everlasting, so that one day we can all dance before His Throne – and perhaps will sing those simple words "I've got the joy, joy, joy….down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart"

No comments: