August 12, 2013

Catching Up

I'm back....again.  What can I say? Life got busy and blogging fell by the wayside. I think I have finally worked the kinks out of new schedule and ...maybe...just maybe things are starting to slow down a bit.  So hopefully, I can post with a bit more regularity.  But even that may only be once a week. But something is better than nothing...right?

So here is what's been happening in my corner of the world:


  • I have a started a "flex" schedule at work. Basically, I have every other Monday off from work. These days off are GREAT. They allow me to spend the day with Joycie, catch up on housework, and just enjoy some downtime.
  • Joycie started dance classes last week. She is taking ballet and tap. Her class is once a week, and happens to fall on Monday - which means twice a month I am able to take her and pick her up from classes.  She LOVES dance, so much that she didn't complain at all about having to wear her hair in a bun.  And this is the child who absolutely refuses to wear her hair up. 
  • I survived the Insanity workouts. I lost 10 pounds in 2 months. While that's not a HUGE amount of weight, I felt pretty good about - given that my eating habits were less than stellar during this time.
  • Micheal and I have joined a Crossfit box and will be working out together at least 3 times a week. I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me.
  •  Additionally, we are relocating our home gym to his parents pool house - so that he can start working out with his Dad. The plan is that while the guys are working out - his Mama and I can be whipping up some healthy meals. Can you tell the entire family is on a health kick?
  • Micheal and I are also going Paleo.  We have done this before and found that it is an eating style that works for us. While I will be following it closely (think 90/10), Micheal is more 80/20 as he has to have his grits for breakfast and a few corn chips to top his chicken salad.
Well, there you have it.  A quick update on the life and times of the Lee family.  So tell me what's been happening with you?


2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Kimberly, I'd be thrilled to lose 10 lbs. in 2 months. I think that is great success especially since you're not obese. Good for you for finishing that program and seeing it through. congrats also on the flextime adjustment to your work schedule and family committment to improved health. having a work/life balance and good health all work together. I'm sure the decreased stress you gain from your flexdays will actually increase your productivity at work and home. best blessings to you and your family.

Amy Jo said...

I'm so jealous of your flex schedule for work! And even more jealous of your motivation for exercise and healthy eating....This summer I have not been kind to my body (and it shows).