November 23, 2011

20 Months

 

DSC_1167

Dear Joycie,

Time has gotten away from me and your 20 months letter is nearly 3 weeks late. I am sorry, sweetheart. However, it has been a busy time in our lives.  Between work, school, and church activities, Mama has had little time for blogging.  But better late than never, so let’s get started with your stats:

    • You are 42 inches long and weigh 27 pounds.
    • Your clothing sizes have changed yet again. You are wearing 2T in tops, and have moved up to 24 months in bottoms. The 24 months are still too big in the waist, but fit you properly in length.
    • You are now wearing size 7 shoes.
    • After nearly a year (or more) in size 3 diapers, we have finally move up to size 4 diapers.

Your vocabulary is continuing to expand – you are starting to use more 2 or 3 word sentences to express yourself. Your favorite expressions are:

    • I want cup.
    • I go ouside (I go outside).
    • We go to kurch (We go to church)
    • Peas (Please) Mama.

This month you have fallen in love with the movie Rio.  You could watch the movie over and over again.  While Daddy and I do not let you do that, we do allow you to watch it some in the evenings, and we love to hear you sing “Rio, Rio” with the movie  and dance to the music.

You are starting to show signs that potty training may be in our future. You often tell me “I go pee-pee” or “I go boo boo” when you are wet or have a dirty diaper.  You have done this without prompting from Daddy or I.

You are still trying to assert your independence and strong will, and sometimes with shout “No Mama, No Dada.”  But general, a stern voice gets your attention, and you follow our requests without much fuss.

Joycie – You are such a delight to us.  We continued to be amazed at how quickly you are growing, learning and changing. And even more amazed at how much we are changing with you.

DSC_1166Love,

 

Mama & Daddy

No comments: