October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Fall is one of my favorite season because it includes:

  • College Football Season (Go Jackets, Beat Vandy!)
  • The changing of leaves - I love the beautiful shades of red, orange, and gold.
  • Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin
  • And 2 of my favorite holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I have been very busy this week celebrating Halloween. On Wednesday night, our church had a fall festival complete with candy apples, games, and 2 hayrides. M and I enjoyed the hayride with all of our nieces and nephews (that would be Lacey (5), London (2.5), Treveor (4), Trenton (2.5) and Kaitlyn (1 month). Yesterday, the daycare that is part of the health system I work for, brought the kids over to trick or treat. I had a blast handing out hershey kisses to a myriad of pirates, pumpkins, princesses, and other cuties. (I got lots of good ideas for next year). Today I am burning my pumpkin scented candle and preparing for tonight's activities, which include:

  • A neighborhood hayride w/ trick or treating
  • A cookout at my sister-in-law's.

I have made a pumpkin cheesecake to take and hope to make some Goblin cheeseball's to enjoy as well. M and I still need to finish our costumes. Needless to say, it is going to be busy around here. What are each of you doing for Halloween?

No comments: