February 04, 2011

Bigger Picture Moments: Radio Silence

It has been nearly a month since I have posted an entry. While my silence did not start out intentionally, it soon became that way. One evening, after arriving home from teach aerobics, I sat down at the computer - eager to have my "me time" - I was only going to take a few minutes to read a few blogs, comment on a few posts, and write a post or two. Nearly 2 hours later, I looked up to find M and Joycie asleep on the living room floor.

The simple sight of them curled next to one another, breathing softly in time together, devestated me. I had wasted another chance to spend time with the two people that I love most in the world. So that night, I decided to change my habits. I sorted thru my Google Reader, unsubscribing from those blogs that did not truly resonate with me. (60 plus blogs gone....) I decided then to take a 1 month hiatus from all things blog related.

In that month, I have had numerous date nights with M, played for hours with Joycie, laughed with friends at aerobics classes, enjoyed dinner with my extended family, and a myriad of other things. I soon realized that I was once again living the life that I loved - rather than being a character in the background.

I'll admit, I did miss blogging. But I also knew I would miss those moments a whole lot more. In the month of no blogging, I have trained myself to get up earlier, so now after M leaves for work and before Joycie wakes up, I have time to read blogs, post my own entries, and comment on the blogs that I truly love.

That's my bigger picture moment.....

4 comments:

Hyacynth said...

I'm so glad you found a balance for your blogging! It's really tough. I struggle with this, too. And I'm even happier that you spent all that time with your family. :)

Sarah said...

Girl, I have to do the same thing from time to time...all social networking. And I have to weed through stuff that I realize just brings me negative energy.

Amy Jo said...

I'm having a hard time keeping up with my blog also. I went a month without posting and it was wonderful...although, I tend to feel guilty for different reasons than you, since I don't have an adorable baby to preoccupy my time with. I'm glad you are back :)

Erica said...

Good for you! Sometimes blogging can take over WAYYY too much of my time- so I totally understand! <3