December 06, 2011

#Resound11: Theme Song

If your life was a television show, what would its theme song be? What
music would be cued at the start of the show or when you entered a
scene?

Think about this past year. Is there a song that you've heard that has
really struck a chord, one that has spoken to you? Maybe there's a
song that goes along with your one word for 2011. Maybe there is a
song that you've heard that instantly cheers you up or makes you think
of a special moment that happened this year?


Easy, my theme song would "My Next 30 Years" by Tim McGraw.

"I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

I will turn 30 in 2012 and I eagerly look forward to it as I spent
most of 2011 learnig to appreciate where I am in life!

"Hey my next thirty years I'm gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I've done
Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears
And I'll do it better in my next thirty years"

2011 was really the first year that I did not look back with regrets -
over decisions, choices, life circumstances. I embraced what I had
done in the last 29 years, how it had molded me into the woman I am to
day, and I vowed to live life even better in the years to come.

What would your theme song be? All of the prompts for #resound11 can
be found at http://www.resound.jaemie.com.

No comments: