June 16, 2012

Happy Father’s Day

 

Today I get to celebrate the 3 most important men in my lives – my daddy, my husband, and my father-in-law. Since two of the three read this blog, I thought I would post a tribute to them here.

December Upload 014

Daddy- You are one of the most dynamic, determined, and loving people that I know.  From the time I was small, you were always telling me that I could do anything, be anyone, reach any goal. And you always stood in support of my goals and dreams, even if they did not always match your dreams for me. I remember when I was 10 that I asked you if you ever wished for a son, your reply was simple “No, I have the two best daughters in the world….I don’t need anything.”  Your unconditional love for me has always been my source of strength.  Thank you for teaching me to work hard, be honest, to not take the easy way out, and to do everything that I do with 100%.  I love the memories I have of going on football scouting trips with you, ride dirt roads in the summer while eating ice cream, and the millions more that I have.  One of the greatest things you ever did was to show your love for Mama – you set the example of how a man should be, and gave me guidance in what I wanted in a future husband.

 The End

Mikey: You are my very best friend. You are the safe place that I turn to when life gets hard, I am stressed out, or I just need to cry for no good reason. You love me even when I am being moody and mean.  I love you for so many reasons. I love how you work so hard to provide for our family – even if that means early days, late nights, and long hours. You do whatever it takes without complaint.  I love the sound of your laughter, and how you will find the humor in even the darkest of situation.  My heart falls in love all over again when I watch you with Joycie. There is no doubt that you adore her. Every day, you show us how much we mean to you.   Thank you for supporting me when I decided to run a 5k, when I changed jobs, when I started teaching aerobics…. you believe that I can achieve anything that I want….and your belief in me allows me to believe in myself. I love you so much!

100_0646

Mr. Mike -  The man that Mikey has become is due in large part to the man that you are.  You taught him how to work hard, love deeply, and to place his faith in the Lord. Even though you never had a daughter of your own, you have been a wonderful Daddy to me. Much like my own father, you have lent me your shoulder to cry own, offered fatherly wisdom when needed, and pushed me when I needed to be pushed.  Thank you for loving me and accepting me into your family long before I became your daughter-in-law.

 

Daddy, Mikey, Mr. Mike – You are all LOVED very much. I hope that your Father’s Day is the best yet.

No comments: