January 20, 2012

One Sentence Journal: Singing in the Morning

Yesterday, I read an article in Good Housekeeping, where the Mom keeps
a one sentence journal. Each day she writes a sentence about
something that happened to the family that day. Sometimes it is a
memory she want to capture, a funny story, or a simple description of
the activites of the day. I was inspired by the idea...as life is
racing full speed ahead.....Joycie is constantly changing, learning,
growing, there are things I want to remember years from now. But I
would rather spend my precious spare time playing tea party with her
than blogging. And by the time she is tucked away at night, the great
post I was going to compose gets lost in my sleep seeking brain....and
thus those moments slip away. I think for this stage of my life, a
one sentence journal is a great idea. I still plan on writing lengthy
posts, but you will be seeing more "snapshots" of life for the time
being.

With all that being said, here is today's one sentence.

Each morning, I sing "This is the Day" while I dress Joycie but today
was different - today Joycie sang the song to me, it may have come out
"Dis is da day...Dis is da day", but is was more beautiful than any
song I have ever heard.

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

What a great idea! I may have to keep this in mind.