February 12, 2012

Getting Real (Food)

Today I stepped on the scale and saw number that I haven't seen in 4 years - except for when I was pregnant. I generally don't let the number on the scale affect me -- after I focus on living a healthy lifestyle, as health is far more important that what I weigh. Bu the truth of the matter is, I am NOT living healthy these days. Too many diet cokes, too many candy bars at 3:00 p.m., too many meals that come out of boxes or bags -- has added up.

I feel sluggish, lethargic, uncomfortable in my own skin. Something has to change...that number was my wake up call to get real. And so I begin the journey of weeding out the processed junk that I had convinced myself was food, and replacing it with real food - proteins, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats.

And hopefully by getting real, I will get back to the best version of myself.

No comments: