August 31, 2011

Doing More than “Just Enough”

 

Volunteering to co-host the “Dress Like a Girl Challenge” with Melissa has prompted me to give serious consideration to how I present myself to the world.  I work in an office that is home to both high level executives and hourly employees – I am somewhere in between, with work attire ranging from scrubs (it’s a health care company) to suits.  I often feel as though I am not pulled together, polished, or something is just off with how I am dressing.

Then it hit me this morning as I was fiddling with the outfit that I had quickly thrown on before making my husband’s coffee, switching a load of laundry, and replying to e-mails.  I am not devoting any true time to getting ready for my day.  Yes, I put on business casual clothing, swipe on a bit of powder and lipstick, and check to make sure that my hair is not resembling a bird’s nest.  But I never go beyond that.  I am doing just enough…..and that is no longer good enough.

So today, I let the dishes sit in the sink, and went back to my closet to give serious consideration to what I was going to wear.  Here is what I came up with (Please excuse the weird head tilt--- posing is not my strong suit)

 

8-31-11

While I don’t want this to turn into a fashion blog, I will be posting my daily outfits for awhile, just to give me some accountability.   Do any of you have tips/tricks/suggestions for dressing better?

No comments: