September 07, 2009

14 Weeks


What's Happening with Peanut?

  • Peanut can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb!
  • From head to bottom, he/she measures 3 1/2 inches and weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
  • By the end of this week, his/her arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his/her body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.)
  • Though I can't feel the tiny punches and kicks yet, our little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

What's Happening with Mama?

  • Total weight gain/loss: 7 pounds
  • Maternity clothes? I have finally purchased a few maternity tops because my regular tops were becoming to tight on the emerging bump. I can still wear normal pants/skirts/etc.
  • Sleep: I am sleeping thru the night 95% of the time. On those nights that I drink more tha a few sips before bed, I am up a least 4 times answering nature's call.
  • Best moment this week: Spending lots of time with M thanks to the 3-day weekend. We were able to dream/plan about the upcoming weeks.
  • Food cravings: Hibachi vegetables and Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies
  • Belly button in or out? In.
  • What I miss: Nothing. This is the first week that I feel like my "pre-pregnancy" self.
  • What I am looking forward to: Taking Peanut to his/her first Georgia Tech football game on Thursday.

What's Happening with Daddy?

  • Daddy has been busy working on the State Patrol office.....it should be completed by next Tuesday.
  • In his few spare moments, Daddy has had his nose stuck in his "CIA/Spy/Mystery" book - which Mama think is so cute.


2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

You look great Kim. Oh, I tried your Green Monster this am. Very good! and made me feel good too. I'll be making more of these for sure! have you been doing green since you've been preggers?

Kari said...

Glad you are feeling better!

I am sure you've seen it already, but have you made your way to the Academichic blog yet? E., one of the bloggers, recently posted a great collection of her favorite maternity looks/tips/resources.