September 29, 2009

17 Weeks



What's Happening with Peanut?
  • Peanut is now the size of a turnip - which is about 5 ounces and he/she is around 5 inches long.
  • His/Her skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone.
  • The umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.
  • Peanut can move his/her joints and is starting to develop sweat glands.

What's Happening with Mama?

  • Total weight gain/loss: 12 pounds
  • Maternity clothes? I am still wearing some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but it is really time to go maternity clothes shopping. Thankfully, I am doing that this week.
  • Sleep: Sleeping is GREAT!
  • Best moment this week: Spending the day with Daddy and Grandaddy at the Georgia Tech Football Game
  • Food cravings: Smores Pop-Tarts
  • Belly button in or out? In.
  • What I miss: Being able to get dressed in just a mere 5 minutes. Now that my wardrobe is dwindling, it takes longer to put an outfit together.
  • What I am looking forward to: A nice relaxing Saturday with absolutely NO plans!

What's Happening with Daddy?

  • Daddy is finished with the State Patrol Office (cue the confetti).
  • Daddy gets to be a bachelor for most of the week since Mama has to go to Atlanta for a workshop.
  • Daddy is become a resident pregnancy expert as he reads all the articles from Baby Center that Mama forwards him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're looking great and just look at that cute little bump!!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting the other day - it's nice to know that I'm not alone with my crazy feelings ;) (I blame the hormones)!