February 11, 2010

36 Weeks


What's Happening with Joycelen?

  • Joycelen now weighs about 6 pounds and is over 18 1/2 inches long.
  • She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath.
  • On Friday, she will be considered full-term!

What's Happening with Mama?

  • Total weight gain/loss: 25.5 pounds
  • Maternity clothes? Yes.
  • Best moment this week: Getting our maternity photo proofs from the photographer. Each image is amazing and captures such a special time in our lives.
  • Food cravings: Oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas
  • Belly button in or out? Still in.
  • Stretch Marks? None
  • What I miss: Being able to sit at my desk for more than 20 minutes at a time. Joycelen gets very grumpy if I am in a seated position for very long, and proceeds to ball up and make me very uncomfortable. I also miss having nights/days without Braxton-Hicks.

What's Happening with Daddy?

  • Daddy had the grand opening for the State Patrol office this week.... it was a great. He is also in charge of the sound system in our new church sanctuary - he is trying to work out the kinks so that the sound is optimal for everyone.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just a funny comment: Everytime I see your blog show up on my Google Reader I think "That should say "Kim and Mikey Got Married and Pregnant" It makes me laugh everytime!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you're almost full term!! It seems like just the day before yesterday when you found out you were having a little girl!
You look great!

Angela said...

ah.....Can't wait to see your little girl. : )