March 19, 2011

Girl’s Day Out

Today Joycelen and I had a girl’s day out with my Mama. The three of us headed to our local mall around 10:00 a.m.  Our intentions were to just browse and then pick up my anniversary present for M. However, our favorite store,  JC Penney’s was having a mega sale. And we soon found ourselves in full on shopping mode.

Okay, I did most of the shopping, while Mama and Joycie watched me. Mama has quick to give me feedback on my outfit selections, while Joycie picked new items for me to try on – by pulling at anything within arm’s length – especially the brightly colored tops.

We took a break around 11:00 a.m. for big drinks with crushed ice, and our favorite candy bars. Mama and I attempted to feed Joycie and early lunch. But she was more interested in our snacks, than her squash. We finished our muching – and headed to a few more stores.

Our last stop was the grocery store – where we managed to make it out with nearly everything on the list in under 30 minutes. Now, Joycie is peacefully  napping and I am on the couch blogging.

It was a wonderful morning and afternoon out. I loved catching up with my Mama and getting to see her interact with Joycelen. I look forward to many more Saturdays like this one.

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments: