March 12, 2013

Happy (Early) Anniversary

Dear Mikey,

I thought about how I wanted to suprise you on our anniversary. But after 3 years, 50 weeks, and 3 days you know that I am HORRIBLE about keep secrets or suprises from you.  I am just to eager to see your smile and know that in some small way I've made you as happy as you make me each day.

A few months ago I suggested that we look into visting a little B&B in St. Augustine for our anniversary. I went on and on about the horse drawn carriage ride, the breakfast in bed, the romantic dinner. You smiled and told me "Sure babe. If that's what makes you happy!". But let's face it - that not your idea of a good time. And while I love roses & romance as much as the next girl, I get them all the time with you. So I opted for something else...

My next idea was to suggest we visit Atlanta for the Georgai Tech Pi Mile. I told you how it has been a dream of mine to run the race. Once again you smiled and said "Sure babe!".

And that's when I knew....I had to plan something that was more about you than about me.

And as fate would have it, I booked it on the very day that 5 years ago you told me (and this is a direct quote) "To heck with waiting until April to tell you. I love you!".

So babe,  get ready because in 3 weeks we will be in the ATL - but not for a "romantic getaway", and not for a 5K run around Tech's campus - we'll be there to watch the All American Pastime!

Yep babe - I have us 2 tickets, field level behind homeplate for the Saturday (April 6th) game vs. the Cubs!  And all I ask in return is that you buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!

I love you!  Thank you for the most amazing 4 years of marriage....can't wait for the next 50+.

~Kim

No comments: