March 07, 2013

Steal My Show

There is a song by Toby Mac that has been getting copious amounts of air time on Christian radio. The lyrics to the chorus are …



If you got something to say, go on and take it away

Need you to steal my show, can’t wait to watch you gooooo

So take it away”

Those words have been ringing in my ears, my head, and my heart for nearly a week now. On Monday night, Mikey and I had a heated argument which spilled over into a battle of wills with Joycelen. Long story short, we all went to bed with hurt feelings and tear stained cheeks.

As I layed in bed that night, I cried out to God “I can’t keep doing this. I feel as though I am running, rushing but accomplishing nothing. What do I need to do?”

Toby Mac’s song began to play in my head.

And I realized, I had to give it up.

I am trying to be a wife, a mother, a working woman, a runner, an aerobics teacher, a volunteer, a blogger, and a social media guru – and for what.

So I can be center stage?

So I can receive attention and accolades?

This life is not about me. My purpose is to bring glory and honor to the One who created me, gave me life, and offered me salvation.

So I prayed, thought, prayed, fought, bristled at what the Lord was telling me, and finally I submitted.

Starting today, I will no longer be running with my running group during the week. The time I was spending running with them was time away from my family. Coming home at 7:00 p.m. only left 2 hours for me to prepare supper, spend time with Joycie, feed/bathe, and hang out with Mikey before I needed to be heading to bed. Not enough time with the people who matter most. Now, I will come home at 5:30. Mikey and I will swap off between running (and prepping/cooking dinner) – after all we both still need to take care of ourselves physically. I will continue to teach aerobics at the church – as I feel it is a ministry opportunity. Lastly, I am scaling back on the amount of time I spend on my other blog “Redefining Kim”. I still want to document my healthy and fitness journey. But I feel the Lord leading me to share more of my daily life here – the blog that really started it all.

And I am excited.

Because I think the Lord has some amazing things in store….now that I’m letting Him be in the spotlight.





No comments: