January 05, 2010

Goals for 2010 - Everything Else

Goal: Take more pride in my appearance even as pregnancy progresses:
  • It would be very easy to fall into a rut of sweats/scrub pants and oversized sweaters as the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy come and go....but that's not what I want to do.
  • To combat the temptation of being a "slob" - I am going to plan out my daily outfits each evening, using inspiration from You Look Fab and Fab Finds Under $50. .
  • Wake up 10 minutes earlier each morning, to ensure that I have enough time to style my hair (I don't need to default to a bun every day) and put on my make-up (more than just lip gloss.)

Goal: Read more.

  • I use to average 2-3 books per month. These days, I am doing good to finish 1 book every 3 months. My goal is to finish at least 2 books in January and 1 in February. I will devote 15-20 minutes every night to reading, prior to bed, to help me relax.
  • I will also bring a book to read on my lunch break!

Goal: Finish Joycelen's nursery.

Goal: With M's help, make a list of those "home improvement" projects that we would like to accomplish in the coming year. Figure out how they will impact our monthly budget and "schedule" them over the course of 2010.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Great goals! I need to learn to take more pride in my appearance (and I don't even have the awesome pregnancy excuse haha). Have fun at pizza! Sounds like such a blast

Kari said...

Those are awesome goals, and I have to add that you are just so lovely and have looked so happy throughout your pregnancy, which can only add great things to your appearance.
BTW, have you read MyWardrobeToday? Allie had a baby just a year ago and has documented a lot of her experiences dressing her changing body throughout pregnancy as well as post-partum, and she has also included a lot of tips and product reviews that you might find helpful. Not to overwhelm you with advice since I'm sure you've received a lot of tips from family and friends, but just wanted to mention it as an extra resource.