January 05, 2010

Goals for 2010 - Food/Healthy Eating

Goal: Eat less junk food

  • I want to limit myself to a single "junk food" item per day. However, if I find I have an overwhelming craving for something, then I will indulge but within reason.

Goal: Eat more fruits/veggies

  • I have not been getting the recommended servings of fruits/veggies per day. I will eat the recommended servings each day. To accomplish this - I intend on making a green monster (fruit, yogurt and spinach) smoothie for breakfast, eating veggies with my lunch, and incorporate more veggies into my dinner.

Goal: Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day

Goal: Reduce the amount of "meals out" that M and I consume each week.

  • M and I have very crammed schedules on Wednesdays and have resorted to eating out that night each week (and then again on Friday/Saturday). I am going to research and find healthy recipes that can be prepared in the crock pot, so that there is good food waiting on M and I when we find the time to eat.
  • M and I are also going to share cooking responsiblities with our SIL and M's parents. Each Sunday, my SIL, MIL and I will meet to "plan" our meals for the week. Then each party is responsible for obtaining the ingredients that need to prepare their respective meal on their assigned night. My hope is that this will allow us to eat healthier and cheaper.

No comments: