September 05, 2011

Dress Like a Girl {September Challenge}


I have an entire dresser drawer devoted to pajamas. When M and I first married, this drawer was home to silk gowns, lacey nighties, and a few items that were gifted to me at a lingerie shower.


Over the last 3 years, this drawer has come to house M’s oversize flannel pajama bottoms, his old ratty t-shirts, and a few of his worn out tank tops. I would like to tell you that M had invaded my drawer. However, the truth is that I am using his old clothing as my pajamas.


I tell myself it is because it’s more comfortable. After 8 to 10 hours in high heeled shoes, button down shirts, and power suits, I long for comfortable. But in all honesty, I have just grown complacent. I know that M loves me,finds me beautiful in anything I where, so I see no need to put forth any extra effort.


And that bothers me. And since Melissa agrees with me, we’ve decied to make the September Dress Like a Girl Challenge about ditching our husband’s cast offs and finding our own cute (and comfy) pj’s.


If you’d like to join us, then dig around in your dresser drawers, search thru your closets, and find a lacey nightgown from years gone by, or maybe swap out your usual pj’s for something cute and girlie. Melissa and I will be sharing ideas next week for cute, girlie, and inexpensive pajamas.




DLAG@PBinmyHair

No comments: