September 12, 2011

What I Wore: Feeling Patriotic



I suppose since yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the September 11th tragedy, I am feeling extra patriotic. This morning my eye was drawn to a navy blue blazer and a bright red layering tank. I wanted to pair the items with a tan skirt or camel colored trousers but I own neither of those pieces. Instead, I paired them with this pair of very light grey trousers.

In the week and a half since I began my little "project", I am learning to look at the items in my closet with an extremely critical eye. By doing so, I have eliminated items that I either a) didn't love or b) are not flattering to my body. Additionally, I am able to see where gaps exsist in my wardrobe and determine what pieces would be great investments.

Expect to see me purchase a tan skirt and camel trousers in the near future.

No comments: