April 01, 2009

Honeymoon Day 3

The third day of our honeymoon started early, as we had to check out of our hotel in Gatlinburg by 10:00 a.m. We got moving around 8 a.m., loaded the truck and closed the doors by 9:00. M and I drove back into downtown Gatlinburg for a quick bite of breakfast at Shoney's. We then headed into the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum.

After Ripley's Believe it or Not, M and I did a little more shopping. Then he asked me to face another of my fears (I had already did the haunted adventure early in the week) heights. Ober Gatlinburg runs an aerial tram up to the top of the mountain. It is a 2.1 mile trip - and it is HIGH.


The view outside the tram.

Once at Ober Gatlinburg, M and I went to the Black Bear Exhibit. After taking in the sights and sounds of the mountain, we left Gatlinburg and checked into our cabin in Pigeon Forge. We grabbed supper at The Apple Barn and then played putt-putt. We then headed back to our cabin....






No comments: